Corpus Christi Catholic Elementary School on Lincoln Street was born as St. Clare grade school and then Holy Trinity Grade School. An eight-room school, it helped meet the needs of Bloomington’s community as it continued to expand from its city-centered core.
A $3.1 million campaign was launched in 2000, adding 33,000 square feet which included a new chapel, kitchen, classrooms, offices and a gymnasium to the Lincoln Street building. The junior high, at 705 N. Roosevelt, was also upgraded and included a 2,200 square foot addition.
The school’s kindergarten program was established in 1986 and its preschool program for three and four-year-olds began in 2005.
In recent years, a special education team of teachers, including a speech pathologist, have been hired to help meet some of the special needs of the students.
For over 150 years Corpus Christi Catholic School, founded in the living Catholic tradition, has served the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional and social growth of each child. We are a community rich in faith and tradition.
In 1875, Holy Trinity Parish opened St. Mary’s Grade School and a new building were started in 1884 and altered in 1886 to include St. Mary’s High School. St. Mary’s High School’s first graduates graduated in 1898. On September 3, 1928, Trinity High School, located at 712 N. Center was completed, and 59 graduated that June. In 1968, Trinity High School became a diocesan school under the name “Central Catholic High School”. 35 years later, Central Catholic moved to a new location on Airport Road and opened its doors on August 25, 2003.