Corpus Christi Catholic School’s mission statement: Together, as the Body of Christ, we strive to grow in faith, knowledge, and stewardship.
What sets Corpus Christi Catholic School apart?
At each grade level, children are prepared to live their lives as disciples of Jesus Christ and His Church. They are brought to the Lord through prayer, scripture, and sacraments. Mass is celebrated weekly. Children serve as lectors, gift bearers, altar servers, and participants with reverence and respect. The Creed, Commandments, Beatitudes, lives of the Saints, and history of the Church are some of the topics studied in religion classes. Second grade and seventh grade are unique in their preparation for the reception of First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation. Children are encouraged by example to be servants in their community and witnesses of their faith.
Beginning in preschool, our students engage in various classes that reach beyond the core curriculum and promote life skills, health, and the fine arts.
- Technology in our classrooms is continuously being enhanced. Students have access to devices in each classroom which include iPads and laptops. All rooms are equipped with SmartBoards as well. In our computer lab, students learn keyboarding, word processing skills, and publishing tools. Students have access to a 3D printer and robotics. Responsible use of the internet is integral to their learning.
- The focus of our PE Department is skill development and good sportsmanship. Opportunities for competitive sports are available in grades 5-8.
- Our Music curriculum is as basic as rhythm in the lower grades and as advanced as music composition using computer technology in the upper grades. Vocal and instrumental performances are practiced and enjoyed. Chorus begins in grade 4, while Band is offered to students in grades 5-8.
- The Art program is likewise broad and all-encompassing. Medium, technique, and art history are woven into each lesson, as well as religious artists and pieces at each grade level.
- Students in Preschool-grade 5 enjoy weekly Spanish lessons by immersion in the language. Our junior high students receive Spanish 3 days a week. Lessons include basic vocabulary as well as the development of oral and written language.
For over 150 years, Corpus Christi Catholic School, founded in the living Catholic tradition, has served each child’s spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth. We are a community rich in faith and tradition. We invite you to tour our building, meet our teachers and staff, and see all that our school has to offer you!
Visit the Corpus Christi website to learn more!
Phone: (309) 662-3712