Rooted casts a vision and gives us the opportunity to generously give ourselves to God and as a parish strive towards greater potential.
We at St. Patrick Church of Merna are a family ROOTED in Christ, who recognize that everything we have is a gift GIFT from GOD, and we generously GIVE ourselves back to GOD. Each of us, from the youngest to the oldest, is valued, treasured, and loved.
Rooted follows the footsteps of our Lord Jesus Christ and focuses on three pillars: TIME, TALENT, and TREASURE.
Time is deepening our personal relationship with God through prayer and other spiritual activities.
- Pray every day. Schedule quiet time with God!
- Read more often from the Bible or about the lives of saints
- Attend Mass every weekend, participating with your best effort
- Talk to your family about spending time in prayer.
Talent is sharing the unique gifts (talents) God has given to each of us to serve others and to help make a positive difference everyday.
- Get Involved in a parish ministry
- Volunteer in one of our parish ministries
- Talk to your family about ways that you can give back to the church or our community by sharing your gifts
Treasure is putting God first in our finances in gratitude for the assets He has blessed us with and the ability to earn these assets.
- Discuss how you and your family can give financially
- Donate to the different service projects offered in our parish