St. Patrick Church of Merna is currently seeking a Director of Evangelization. If you would like more information, or to apply, reach out to Fr. Schultz at the parish office at 309-662-7361.
Job Description – Director of Evangelization (Full-Time)
Job Summary – To work to ensure that all those involved with our parish have an opportunity to encounter our Lord in a manner that changes their life. The main areas of focus will be Faith Formation and Small Groups.
- Assess the current Baptismal Preparation Program and make changes that would facilitate the parents’ encounter with Christ and help them more fully understand the significance of Baptism and understand what it means to raise their child(ren) in the faith.
- Work with the pastor to build a strong marriage preparation program that involves the clergy and laity of the parish. A strong emphasis will be placed on the engaged couples encountering Christ and understanding more fully his role in their marriage.
- Assess the current RCIA program and work with the pastor and RCIA team to ensure that those in the program are evangelized.
- Implement ways to reach out to those active, inactive, and unchurched in our community.
- Organize events for new parishioners which may include though aren’t limited to pizza with the priests.
- Oversee the New Parishioner Committee which serves to engage new parishioners
- Oversee Adult Faith Formation: i.e. Scripture studies, book studies, etc..
- Participate in the Parish Stewardship Council
- Participate in the Eucharistic Revival Team
Small Group Coordinator
- Oversee our current small groups giving them direction and support as needed
- Work to create new small groups
- Work to invite new parishioners and those not yet involved in a small group to participate
- Oversee training of new small group leaders
- We currently use the ReachMore curriculum of Evangelical Catholic (aka EC)