Advent by Candlelight 2020…a Different Look, the Same SPIRIT!
Thursday, December 3rd at 6:30 PM
St. Patrick Church of Merna
Thank you for volunteering to decorate a nativity scene display! We are so exited to be able to offer this unique change to Advent By Candlelight! Below are guidelines to help you with planning/creating your display.
The parish has 3 sizes of tables to choose from depending on your display
- Standard 8 ft. rectangular table
- Standard 6 ft. rectangular table
- A variety of smaller sizes (4X2 or smaller): recommended for one Nativity set that is relatively small
The parish will provide a white linen tablecloth for the 8 ft and 6 ft tables if you desire that, you are also very welcome to provide your own tablecloth if you would like to go with a color, etc.
For smaller tables you will need to provide your own covering.
Decorating the Table:
1. Please use some type of battery-operated lighting in your display – votives, candles, fairy lights, etc. Overhead lights will be dimmed.
2. Each table will be a unique set-up and limited just by your imagination and creativity (just like tables for “regular” ABC).
3. Display can highlight one nativity scene or several, only limited by the space that you reserve. You may reserve more than one table.
***If any of the scenes have a special story connected with it, please either create a write-up to include in your display or submit the information to the planning committee. For example, a family heirloom, a set purchased from another country, or just a humorous or sentimental story connected with the scene. No special story is okay too!***
Church will be available for decorating:
- Wednesday, December 2nd from 4 PM – 8 PM
- Thursday December 3rd from 9 AM – 4 PM