2013-2014 Registration Form CLICK HERE
2013-2014 Calendar TBD
SACRAMENTAL INFORMATION SHEET Click Here
Confirmation classes are held every year beginning in September and ending in April. In the fall they participate in the Sunday evening YM programs and in the spring they attend Wednesday evening classes until the Confirmation Liturgy, which will be announced at a later date. This program is open to any high school student who has not yet been confirmed. Students must be registered and attend YM classes beginning in his or her 8th
grade year to participate in the Confirmation Preparation Program. An independent service project, an outline of a book and vocabulary, resume of your saint, and interview is required and expected to be completed by the end of April. Students must be registered YM members to participate in the Confirmation Preparation Liturgy Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I have completed all my assignments?
· Publically posted outside of the youth ministry office there will be a chart that will indicate with the student’s name which assignments have been completed and ones that are outstanding. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure he or she has all the assignments complete. Assignments must be complete in order to participate in the Confirmation Liturgy.
What will count for service hours?
· St. Mary’s Food Pantry, Midwest Food Bank, Clare House, St. Vincent de Paul clothing drives, Clare House, Safe Harbor, Habitat, Home Sweet Home, Nursing Homes, Bromenn/OSF, Catholic Charities, SPEC, Special Olympics, CCD, Bible Camp Nursing Homes, Living Alternatives, Birthright
· Log onto: http://www.volunteermatch.org/
What are the interviews?
· Each student will be required to complete an individual interview with Fr. Jerry, Fr. Luke, Sr. Rita, or Kim between March and April. The interview will focus on their service project, saint resume, knowledge of class materials, vocabulary, and some presentations from class. If the student is unable to attend the scheduled interview please call Kim and let her know. Sign-up sheets will be made available during the class nights come February.
What paperwork do I need to turn in?
· Baptismal certificate and Candidate Confirmation sheet (contains baptismal information, parents' names, saint and sponsor's name), all homework assignments, and a school picture.
When will the practice/confirmation be?
· Practice Date: TBA
· Liturgy: TBA
What should I wear to the Confirmation Liturgy?
· Dress like you are going to be interviewed. Guys: shirt, tie, pants, dress shoes; Girls: dresses, knee length skirt, Blouse/tops.
What is the schedule for the day of the Liturgy?
Will there be a class photo?
Yes, order forms will be available later in the spring.
What about involvement in the liturgy?
Student will be asked to be altar servers, lectors and gift bearers.
Where do I find good information about the lives of the saints?
· There will be a tray at the Welcome Center for you to drop off your homework before you go to Mass
What happens if I am really sick?
· Stay HOME!, Contact Kim at 309.662.7361 ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org to tell her you are sick