2018 - 2019 YOUTH MINISTRY PROGRAM
Youth Ministry is not something a parish creates to draw or entertain youth. Youth Ministry is exactly what it sounds like – it’s youth taking part in active ministry for Jesus and His Church. It’s amazing to see youth selflessly reaching out, drawing people to Jesus and helping those in need.
The mission of St Patrick’s Church of Merna Youth Ministry is:
- To give teens the opportunity to grow in the Catholic faith
- To deepen knowledge and understanding of Church teaching
- To facilitate the opportunity for life-affirming friendships
- To provide opportunities to serve others and our parish
- To have some fun!
High School Youth Ministry is multi-faceted, offering a variety of opportunities for teens to get involved. We have a general annual calendar as well as a more detailed semester calendar. They will be updated periodically.
2018-2019 High School YM calendar CLICK HERE TO VIEW 2018-2019 CALENDAR
Fall Semester 2018 Calendar CLICK HERE TO VIEW FALL 2018 CALENDAR
- 3rd Sunday of the month
- Join us for kickball, bonfires, movie nights and other fun events.
- All high school aged teens are welcome. You are always welcome to bring a friend!
Unplugged is weekly prayer and social time. Take a midweek break and unplug from the stress of homework, social media and life. Join us to learn about your faith, play games, hear witness talks, pray, discuss scripture, listen to music and have a snack!
All high school teens are welcome, and you can ALWAYS bring a friend!
Small discipleship groups are a wonderful opportunity to deepen friendships with others that have committed themselves to being a disciple of Christ and His Church. Contact Renee Kresl for more information email@example.com
It is important for Christians to have a servant’s heart and be Christ’s hands and feet to others. We will have monthly opportunities to serve others in the community. Watch social media and your email for details.
There are also a wide variety of opportunities for teens to serve within our parish:
- Ministers of Hospitality
- Eucharistic Ministers
- Altar Servers
- Music ministry
- Religious Ed
We want high schoolers to be active members of our parish! See Renee for more details.
There are several opportunities to partake in events outside of Bloomington/Normal! We would love for you to experience these exciting and life-changing events.
- Chicago March for Life – Held each January, this is an opportunity to peacefully demonstrate your support for the dignity of human life. It is a powerful and fun day.
- Steubenville Youth Conference – Held in July on the campus of Missouri State University. This is a weekend filled with prayer, worship, learning and fellowship. Many participants describe it as “life-changing”. It is a great opportunity to jump-start your faith.
- Mission Trip – Each summer, spend a week serving others in another community. We will travel to another area of the country and spend the week working alongside other teens to improve a community and grow in our faith. Fundraising opportunities are available to defray the cost of the trip.
Peer Ministry Team
Meetings held first Monday of the month 7:00-8:00pm
The Peer Ministry Team is a group of teens who wish to serve Christ through serving the youth of our parish, acting as a voice for the teens in our parish, and by living as models of faith and Christianity to those in the parish and the community. The team helps plan and lead events and activities that provide fun, meaningful, faith-filled experiences for the high school-aged teens of the parish.
Members of the Peer Ministry Team are in 9th-12th grade, have received the sacrament of Confirmation, are members of St. Patrick Church of Merna or St. Mary’s of Downs, and are practicing Catholics.
Applications are currently being accepted to join the Peer Ministry Team. Click here to download your application.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Email Renee Kresl at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the YM mailing list. You’ll receive monthly newsletters and reminders of upcoming events.